Baits

Don

One of you (I think PA) recently suggested that I stick with what I know or like. Great Idea. I'm sure there will be time to learn it all unless I'm called home. What I like the most is tossing Plastics. Whether on various jigheads, a spinnerbait or EWG hook with no weight, I like it.

There are very few of us, it would seem, that fish for pickerel on purpose. At Gouldsboro a few weeks ago I again met Scott. Like me, he is an older person, and loves to pursue pickerel. Scott is forceful about pickerel and he forced onto me this new bait. It is the old Zoom Superfluke but with a new paddle tail. Has anyone usedthese or, for that matter, any of their Flukes? I'm like'n'em. And they're about 2/3 the price of Kieteck Shiners.thumbs_zoom_ssfjr-baitfish-224.jpg090828_cox__201.jpg

pabassman

One of you (I think PA) recently suggested that I stick with what I know or like. Great Idea. I'm sure there will be time to learn it all unless I'm called home. What I like the most is tossing Plastics. Whether on various jigheads, a spinnerbait or EWG hook with no weight, I like it.

There are very few of us, it would seem, that fish for pickerel on purpose. At Gouldsboro a few weeks ago I again met Scott. Like me, he is an older person, and loves to pursue pickerel. Scott is forceful about pickerel and he forced onto me this new bait. It is the old Zoom Superfluke but with a new paddle tail. Has anyone usedthese or, for that matter, any of their Flukes? I'm like'n'em. And they're about 2/3 the price of Kieteck Shiners.

I dont think it was me, I just agreed with a statement. They work. Not as soft or maybe as much action as a Keitech especially at slower speed. If youre fishin the shallow weedy swampy places for them you really only need the basics. A regular dbl willow spinnerbait, White or Chartreuse. That fluke/keitech, same, brighter colors. You can texas rig it and throw it into anything. A 4-5" floating Rapala twitched on the surface. A spoon or inline spinner on the edges where the weeds arent too thick. Basic stuff.

Don

I use them and like them for pickerel. But you can also get them with the paddle tail and I like them better. Today I bought the Kevin Van Dam perfect plastics minnow. I tested them in the pool and they are almost, not quite but almost, buoyancy neutral. I asked the clerk at Cabela's what color I should buy these in and he confirmed PA's opinion of chartreuse and white, so that's what I got, along with bluegill and also WHITE.

Don

We'll see how that does. The action was not what I was used to in that its a stiffer "walk the dog" action rather than my previous paddle tail action.

shopping.jpegshopping-1.jpegshopping-2.jpeg

truecrimson

Love the zoom flukes. In previous times if I was not throwing a rapala I was probably throwing a zoom superfluke. Caughy many pickerel on them. Have not tried the paddle tail version, but if ever get to come out of fishing retirement I will certainly give them a try.