Bobber Stop

Don

I realize that guides are a stopping point but most of my rods are old and have larger guides so not an issue. My concern was the small guide on my baitcaster reels. Thoughts?

Solitario Lupo

The stop TS is a string or whatever, to stop the bobber at a certain point. It goes in the reel.

I don’t think it will work. It’s not the guides so much it the reel hole size that feeds your line. Might get something small to work.

Don

The stop TS is a string or whatever, to stop the bobber at a certain point. It goes in the reel.

I don’t think it will work. It’s not the guides so much it the reel hole size that feeds your line. Might get something small to work.
Yes I was talking bobber stop. I'm just figuring what I can accomplish with the use of a bait caster. Sol is correct, in my opinion, that a bobber stop is unlikely to pass through a reel guide.

truecrimson

So you're slip bobbering with a bait caster? I had not thought of trying that. Where did you get the idea?

Don

Seems like it won’t work. Oh well. I’ll use an old spinning reel.

Don

It won't be the rod that is an issue. just the guide on the reel. It's pretty small. I have three sizes of the Rubber and one of the string type plus I can tie them. So I guess I'll try the all.