False Fall has me thinking Salmon

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Today’s weather is a reminder fall is coming. Not so quick though! Next week will be back to normal temps but it’s getting me into Salmon thoughts. Time to check my gear, I may need some new boots if I remember? And of course, make sure I have stock in hooks and “bait”. ;)

Anyone wishing for salmon fishing yet?

pabassman

Today’s weather is a reminder fall is coming. Not so quick though! Next week will be back to normal temps but it’s getting me into Salmon thoughts. Time to check my gear, I may need some new boots if I remember? And of course, make sure I have stock in hooks and “bait”. ;)

Anyone wishing for salmon fishing yet?
I have a friend that lives about ten minutes from Pulaski. A few salmon came in after the big rain last week.

Melvinp

Seems like the king run seems to be starting earlier and earlier. But the amount of fish running at one time is getting more spread out

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Seems like the king run seems to be starting earlier and earlier. But the amount of fish running at one time is getting more spread out
Agreed! We are booked for Oct. 7 to arrive for a few nights. I personally think that date is a little late but schedules of others has us at that date.

I’ve come to appreciate the trip for other things than fishing though. Heck, catching is low on the scale for me anymore. I just appreciate time to be with friends, great food and of course, beer! creating stories to tell for years.

Gremcat

I’m looking forward to fall. Been a hectic year already and I’m done with the heat. From muggy 80s in Feb @ OH to West Palm to last weeks 104 in So Cal I’m ready for really cold weather. I missed the cool down last week unfortunately. Came home with flu like symptoms Friday night so not sure if it’s decent out now. Forecast said warm again though

TS, I’m thinking I need to make a trip to SR as well.

Gremcat

Let us know how you make out!
Did someone say salmon season? Me and the boys will be there Sept 25th to 29th

Let us know how you make out!
If any of y’all think of it I need a restock of whitakers blue goo egg sacks. Can shoot you some cash in the mail or send PayPal to grab me some. I still have a pound or so of Joe D’s super singles but I can’t seem to get the recipe right for those sticky egg sacks. Elaina got her 14 lbs rainbow in a high pesssure spot after a kids derby the first cast with one. Them jokers just catch trout every cast. I tried adding extra sugar to my cured hatchery fatality eggs and they got moldy on me. I’m just buying premade now.