Fishingtalks.com

Don

Not sure if you all heard or not as I don't think I've ever seen you on that site but 'Fishing Talks' is going away at the end of the month. When I first began fishing again back in 2018 this was the first site that I joined, and I'll miss it. It was stocked with old timers like me who just had practical ways of solving the problems they encountered and they shared it with all of us. I'll miss hearing from some of those guys. I I wish there was a way we could grab all the data as it's just being thrown out. Apparently an Israeli company owns it and a whole bunch of other websites and they're getting out of that business and they won't let any of the rest of us have the data. I wish there was a way I could download it and organize it. It covers every make and model of real made, and it covers stories from every type of fishing. I think they were 30 years old if I'm not mistaken. Remember how we all felt when PA fishing went away? That's how I feel now, not that I was terribly active, so maybe I am as much to blame as anyone. I just felt at home there kind of like I do here, even with TC lurking around I feel comfortable here.

truecrimson

There's a program that will grab an entire website and store it locally. Can't remember the name now. If I remember to look Sunday or Monday I'll see if i can find it

Don

There's a program that will grab an entire website and store it locally. Can't remember the name now. If I remember to look Sunday or Monday I'll see if i can find it
If someone here is able to do that then we would automatically gain most of the members. I'm afraid I don't have those skills.

truecrimson

Grabbing it to store on your PC for your future access is one thing.

Putting up all of someone else's content in a new location without their permission is something else entirely and generally frowned upon.