For all you sleepy heads.

Don

Such beauty…Beauty is in the eye of the Beeholder. Got lots of Bee’s in my eyes I guess. Cant beleive only Sol and I fish for members of the Esox family on purpose.
All my bass hooks identify as Pickerel Hooks.

Reactions: A-5

truecrimson

Such beauty…Beauty is in the eye of the Beeholder. Got lots of Bee’s in my eyes I guess. Cant beleive only Sol and I fish for members of the Esox family on purpose.
All my bass hooks identify as Pickerel Hooks.

Well, I only fish for fish on purpose. Plenty of pickerel have come and played with me, but so far no other essox. They would all be welcomed.

So far Don never caught one off of plastic paddle tail. But I guess I never really tried one big enough.

Used to catch pickerel on zoom super flukes on offset hooks all the time at Memorial Lake. Not paddle tails but otherwise similar. The smaller pickerel always preferred bigger Rapalas, 7's and 9's. The big pickerel liked the flukes.

Reactions: Don

Don

Well, I only fish for fish on purpose. Plenty of pickerel have come and played with me, but so far no other essox. They would all be welcomed.

Used to catch pickerel on zoom super flukes on offset hooks all the time at Memorial Lake. Not paddle tails but otherwise similar. The smaller pickerel always preferred bigger Rapalas, 7's and 9's. The big pickerel liked the flukes.
Yes That same Zoom Fluke are now available either way...Standard V-tail or Paddle Tail. Both work. Paddle tails seem a hair better. 5" in open water and 4 inch in weeds is what I use. I hope we knocked dead next month.

Solitario Lupo

Only recently have they even made ones big enough.
I've been making my own for a couple years now. Think it's around a 7 in. Had a couple follows but haven't had any take it. Not caring for the paddle tail. Think curly tails work better.

Reactions: Don

truecrimson

Yes That same Zoom Fluke are now available either way...Standard V-tail or Paddle Tail. Both work. Paddle tails seem a hair better. 5" in open water and 4 inch in weeds is what I use. I hope we knocked dead next month.
Yeah I have been planning to pick up some of the new paddle tail models for when I come out of retirement.