Hair Jigs

Don

I want to be like Z. I want to jig What are the fall colors.....I imagine Black, Brown and Olive? Do you have any photos of your faves.

Last edited:

Melvinp

I don't fish hair jigs but they are easy to tie up what you want. Can use all sorts of materials.
That’s what makes um so good lol. I use them mainly for panfish but I’ve caught some pretty nice bass with a 1/8 hair jig.Gold head,black bucktail and a red collar.

Don

That’s what makes um so good lol. I use them mainly for panfish but I’ve caught some pretty nice bass with a 1/8 hair jig.Gold head,black bucktail and a red collar.
1/8th??? I don't beleive it. Better send me some.
I've used down to 1/64th and I doubt, I couldn't tell for sure, but I kind of agree that below 1/16 or 1/8 it seems a waste. I just didn't know the colors...

Melvinp

1/8th??? I don't beleive it. Better send me some.
I've used down to 1/64th and I doubt, I couldn't tell for sure, but I kind of agree that below 1/16 or 1/8 it seems a waste. I just didn't know the colors...
Not really a waste but your talking floats,ice or perfect no wind conditions for vertical under a 1/8 at least for me I like to be able to feel the jig when vertical jigging and that also depends on depth

Don

Hey where did you get the gold, plastic, Hobby Lobby beads?

I'm thinking it may be the weight and feel that I like as well. I have so little experience with vertical jigging.
Do all those colors work all year round?