I got banned!

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
From the “Lake Nockamixon Bass Fishing” group on Facebook.

I can’t post the screenshots, because I was banned but the gist…..

The admin there (Robert Muller) suggested to not post hero pics with spot revealing backgrounds, stating that is ruining the fishery. Others responded negatively to his response before I responded.

My response stated that hero pics were not ruining the fishery, increased activity on the water in general since the pandemic was the reason people are not catching, though the economy is correcting that. I further stated that admins should not suggest or create rules based on their opinion. Suggestions by admins typically turn into rules, even if unwritten. (FWIW, I do not post hero pics anywhere but here though there is that one pic I posted for comical reasons on the Raritan Bay group.) ;)

His response was if I didn’t like it and since I seem to know so much about running groups (I do not run any groups) that I go elsewhere or create my own group.

I responded that I was disappointed in his response and his take your ball and go elsewhere comment was immature and that maybe he needed a break from social media.

A minute later, I’m banned. This is a first for me! 30 years on the internet. My first ban!

If you’re a member of that group or if you know Robert, please let him know that he just banned the guy who has ran forums for 20 years, out of his own pocket, asking for nothing in return except for people to get along and enjoy. And that maybe he needs a break from the internet. ;)

HenryDavid

He will run the group into the ground, sounds like it's already headed that way. Good time to start an alternate group. Guy sounds like a narcissist and complete a-hole.

pabassman

The admin there (Robert Muller) suggested to not post hero pics with spot revealing backgrounds, stating that is ruining the fishery. Others responded negatively to his response before I responded.

My response stated that hero pics were not ruining the fishery, increased activity on the water in general since the pandemic was the reason people are not catching, though the economy is correcting that. I further stated that admins should not suggest or create rules based on their opinion. Suggestions by admins typically turn into rules, even if unwritten. (FWIW, I do not post hero pics anywhere but here though there is that one pic I posted for comical reasons on the Raritan Bay group.) ;)

His response was if I didn’t like it and since I seem to know so much about running groups (I do not run any groups) that I go elsewhere or create my own group.
Wear it like a badge of honor!!!!!!
I responded that I was disappointed in his response and his take your ball and go elsewhere comment was immature and that maybe he needed a break from social media.

A minute later, I’m banned. This is a first for me! 30 years on the internet. My first ban!

If you’re a member of that group or if you know Robert, please let him know that he just banned the guy who has ran forums for 20 years, out of his own pocket, asking for nothing in return except for people to get along and enjoy. And that maybe he needs a break from the internet. ;)
Wear it like a badge of honor!!!!!!

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Thanks for getting involved, though not necessary. I was hoping that if someone here actually knew him, they could maybe give the guy an ear to bend as he probably needs it. ;)

Melvinp

Ooh you rebel lol