Lure startup with baitcasters.

Don

I'm sure you all noticed this when casting, even TC noticed it, when using a baitcaster, it seems much easier and faster to initiate the action before the bait even hits the water. I find this trait especially valuable when throwing swimming lures such as spinners, swim jigs and spinnerbaits. They can be cast right over top of weedy areas and, as long as they aren't allowed to sink, they retrieve right back over all the crap. Pretty cool.

This trait, combined with easier and faster drag initiation, makes bait casting and spin casting, the King of Grunky Waters.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I rarely pack a spinning setup anymore. Spinning use to be my goto setup for senkos as I am accurate with it but I’ve since transitioned that to baitcasting as well. If I know I will be targeting fish with swimbaits, I’ll bring the spinning setup along but that has more to do with the action of the rod, not necessarily the reel.

Don

I'm enjoying the accuracy (a spincasters shortcoming) I wouldn't mind spinning reels for deep water but I actually am fine with BC and SC. They are the same ergonomics and share lures well.