Minnow Traps

Don

My cousin made a cool couple of Minnow traps. Our goal is to always have the ability to catch our own l bait if we feel we need it. That is a lot different then buying minnows at a local shop, keeping them alive, then being obligated to use them up, or lose the investment. Kind of like having a throw net.

Anyone here familiar with or successful with using Minnow Traps? Below are photos of her fine workmanship.1723311249585.png1723311280937.png1723311312753.png

Solitario Lupo

Keep bait in there and make sure to sink it. Might have to add some weight to it. I used the metal ones and it works if you got time for it to sit a little. Now I made something like a dip net. As soon as I see some swimming around the top I just pull it in. A lot quicker.

Reactions: Don
I used those types of traps in the past. Had an unfortunate knack for catching snakes in it. It made those early morning fishing trips a lot less exciting!!

Gremcat

I haven’t done as well with traps here honestly. Tried 2-3 really minnow filled spots to. I just picked up one of those square flat umbrella nets but haven’t tried it much.