Nets

Solitario Lupo

So I got tired of getting hooks tangled (stuck) in net. The net hurting fish. (Mainly Muskie pushing the holes open and getting their heads stuck.) And all the other B.S. So instead of buying all new ones and they are expensive for some. I got a thing of flex seal and just coated the nets (fabric). Seems to be working for now.

Don

So I got tired of getting hooks tangled (stuck) in net. The net hurting fish. (Mainly Muskie pushing the holes open and getting their heads stuck.) And all the other B.S. So instead of buying all new ones and they are expensive for some. I got a thing of flex seal and just coated the nets (fabric). Seems to be working for now.
Clever. let us know if it holds up.

Reactions: A-5

Solitario Lupo

Seems to do the job for protecting fish. can't wait to see if the hooks get stuck.

Attachments

• 20240706_125158.jpg
    20240706_125158.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
  • 20240706_125206.jpg
    20240706_125206.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
Reactions: Don

Gremcat

Good idea! I think I’ve an extra clear rubber net that fits a standard ish hoop if the flex seal doesn’t work. I’m using a fishpond and even the larger head isn’t quite large enough. Medium handle isn’t quite long enough. Might try a klicktikat or whatever those are called. Sort of same shape as my fish pond but longer handle and much deeper bag. I used my walleye tournament net for kids derby but no way I’m plugging that monster everywhere. Collapsed it’s like 5’ and weighs like 6-8 pounds even being aluminum.

truecrimson

Sol, very cool. Great idea.

Grem, have you ever looked at the Leverage Landing Net? Been around forever, well over a decade, but about once a month some more recent yootoober discovers it and I have to comment about kids these days.