So frustrating!

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
If I’ve ever mentioned how much I like Seguar Basix and Invizx? Forget what I said! but do remember my frustrating day.

I knew the wind was going to pick up around noon today in my area so I rushed through work this morning and hit the road around 1pm to my local little reservoir with pure excitement! My local haunt has been dead! And I mean DEAD! There is no new water, no wind, no nothing! And mustering 1 or 2 out of there has been a chore of late but today, I knew it was going to be game on as those bass had to be just as anxious for a change as I was.

I get there and see the wind is a bit off of what my windy app was showing so it shifted my target area which was great, it was closer to where I parked! ;) I walk around the tip of the lake, and start fishing. Within 5 casts, LM #1 is on. A quick release and back to it. A few casts later, there is #2, a little nicer to boot, sweet! They are doing exactly what I expected and double digits should be easy today. A few cast later, a far cast with some backlash, grrrr. Nothing new, it’s windy, it happens so I go to pull it out and I see two tag ends in the mix on my spool? Tag ends? What?? The Invizx line I spooled just a week ago broke.

I didn’t cast and bind to stress the line, I checked all of my guide, no issues, it just broke. I seen this exact thing happen to a friend using the same line and I’ve seen it break mid-length when tugging hard on a snag too. This stuff is junk! Don’t waste your money!

It took a half hour to get that spool straightened out, finding another spot that was compromised as well. I finally got it straight and then tied the two broken ends together as either side didn’t have enough line to keep fishing (BFS reel, only 50 yards of total line). When I was done, I picked up 1 more LM and that was it! The steady wind had already died down. Window gone!

Thanks for reading if you made it this far. Just sharing my frustrating day but know that Seguar Invizx is not worth it’s price, period. The cheaper Basix, YMMV, it doesn’t seem as bad as the Invizx but I’ve seen it have it’s issues. Fortunately, I already ordered a large spool of Sunline the other day as I knew this would be the last season I use this stuff. It can’t get here soon enough!

pabassman

I had an incident recently where a smash on a chatterbait. Set the hook and had a loud crack, thought I broke the rod! I had about ten inches of line coming out of the reel. The end half inch wasvery frayed!!?? Why it was beat up at least a half a cast legnth is beyond me

Gremcat

If I’ve ever mentioned how much I like Seguar Basix and Invizx? Forget what I said! but do remember my frustrating day.

I knew the wind was going to pick up around noon today in my area so I rushed through work this morning and hit the road around 1pm to my local little reservoir with pure excitement! My local haunt has been dead! And I mean DEAD! There is no new water, no wind, no nothing! And mustering 1 or 2 out of there has been a chore of late but today, I knew it was going to be game on as those bass had to be just as anxious for a change as I was.

I get there and see the wind is a bit off of what my windy app was showing so it shifted my target area which was great, it was closer to where I parked! ;) I walk around the tip of the lake, and start fishing. Within 5 casts, LM #1 is on. A quick release and back to it. A few casts later, there is #2, a little nicer to boot, sweet! They are doing exactly what I expected and double digits should be easy today. A few cast later, a far cast with some backlash, grrrr. Nothing new, it’s windy, it happens so I go to pull it out and I see two tag ends in the mix on my spool? Tag ends? What?? The Invizx line I spooled just a week ago broke.

I didn’t cast and bind to stress the line, I checked all of my guide, no issues, it just broke. I seen this exact thing happen to a friend using the same line and I’ve seen it break mid-length when tugging hard on a snag too. This stuff is junk! Don’t waste your money!

It took a half hour to get that spool straightened out, finding another spot that was compromised as well. I finally got it straight and then tied the two broken ends together as either side didn’t have enough line to keep fishing (BFS reel, only 50 yards of total line). When I was done, I picked up 1 more LM and that was it! The steady wind had already died down. Window gone!

Thanks for reading if you made it this far. Just sharing my frustrating day but know that Seguar Invizx is not worth it’s price, period. The cheaper Basix, YMMV, it doesn’t seem as bad as the Invizx but I’ve seen it have it’s issues. Fortunately, I already ordered a large spool of Sunline the other day as I knew this would be the last season I use this stuff. It can’t get here soon enough!
What kind of angler only has 50 yard reels? I think my ultralightest ultralight holds 135. What if a Moby grabs it and spools ya? J/k I know nothing about the bass game. Coworker is a Pro Tourer, used to be full time, now stays regional or something. I never watched the thing. Figure my bucket brigade Ilk probably ain’t welcome, lol.

Gremcat

Good call on Invizx, I’ve eyed it a few times. I stick with blue or gold leader but don’t run it as mainline.

I did take your advice when I was in NY in spring. Found a spool of Sunline FC Sniper in 6 lbs finally. Like 1/2 cost of my usual Seaguar and I think it had twice the line. Still working off that one. I’ve been using dregs of Seaguar I still have in 4-6lbs and running higher for warm water fish.

I reordered my other weight leaders and just went to Seaguar STS again. I haven’t used it in a bit but now that I’m a lot of spools in to flouro for all leaders up to shark/tarpon I want to see if it was just the knot man or if gold/blue are really worth the cost. Want to say it’s getting to be $30 for 25 yards or something. Feels like the are getting smaller and smaller. Plus I run 6-9ft sometimes and it goes quick.

Don

I have two things to recommend, new line, please, order a small spool and test drive them.

1) Suffix Advance copolymer. Not the Advance Floro (that is junk), but the Copolymer. It is modest stretch. Lays flat and lasts. Use 4, 6 or 8lb.

2) Next is the new Braid: KastKing 13X Braid. It is 13 micro-bundles of braid. Very smooth, shoots out a lonnnnggg way and isn't abrasive like 4 strand and some 8 strand. use 15 lb or 20 lb...lighter if you're that good.

Please try these....One roll of each. If you end up not liking them then MelvinP will buy it back off of you.

I have spent the last two years buying, using and comparing lines and it is amazing the differences you pick out when you pay attention. I really like Siege and Elite but nether work like new for more than one season. After one season they develop stronger curling. Wonderful but not long lasting.

It's hard to beat Big Game but it is possible and Suffix Advance does so. This line feels similar to braid but stretches a hair so is a bit more forgiving. It ties well, cuts easily. It lays nicely flat and when cast it falls gently. The lighter the better and, as with all Suffix line, it breaks way way above its rating.

The 13 x will really make you smile. Smooth shooting.

The Advance will be dependable.

For everything else, especially for panfish, I use Seige or Elite. Stretchy, forgiving, abrasion resistant, cheap by the large spool. Now that I spent 3 yrs trying and comparing (Since MB3 introduced me to it on the old site) I have decided which weight line I like best (6 and 8) and I now buy it in 1200 yard spools.
I have to admit I use Big Game for leader, 14 or 17 lb for Pickerel. Its a great line but I can't admit it in front of A-5.

I have been looking at the Delaware every day. It is absolutely crystal clear. Visibility is approaching 20' vertically. I wouldn't dream of fishing it during a bright day. I might visit at night but it is dead by day. I would need to have help to fish it with my little drift boat because I'd have to dump the boat off the trailer to fish and then winch it back on later. The river is so low at the launches here locally. The trailer bunks are out of the water by 8-10 inches. Non of the jet boats are using the river now.