[Archived] What did you Catch Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gremcat

…..Baby shark…da da ta da. Baby shark
Hahaha I sang the same thing! He loved that song and all the derivatives when he was little. Let a kid that got skunked on a charter land one. The bigger 5-6’ ers I almost stepped on didn’t come back to play. I saw a huge Lemon was caught off the bridge next to our villa. I could’ve focused on the long piers between West Palm and Jupiter/Ft Stewart known for jumbo sharks but couldn’t muster the motivation on days 10-12 of 105 heat index. I settled for a few scotches in the Embassy bar after diving for shells and wandering Blowing Rocks and Coral State parks. I’m heading back in a few months for work and hoping it’s slightly more tolerable. I’d honestly move to a Key tomorrow if it wasn’t so darn hot and humid. It’s pretty awesome waters to fish.

Gremcat

Probably Marathon, far enough from Miami it’s sheltered from most riff raff on weekends who flock to places like Islamorada sandbar but not so far it’s a long drive to Miami or Key West for flights out. Mom was looking at places there. She’s retired and I helped negotiate a sweet 6 mos contract that’s sunsetting in 4 weeks. 60 years old and healthy, I’m a bit jealous 😂. I could find lots of ways to stay busy but somewhat doubtful retirement is anywhere in sight in my lifetime. Maybe living in a shack on the beach selling Key Limes to tourists.

Solitario Lupo

Got fishing this weekend a mud cat yesterday not good for the lake. 3 channels today missed 1. 1 snail that really put up a good fight. 20230813_143301.jpg20230813_142858.jpg
On a side note when someone used to wear protective glasses on I'd chuckle but today glad I had on my sunglasses. Was winding in a big tree branch and hook let go. Split hit my sunglasses or I would have been in some pain. Should wear something for the eyes.

Attachments

• 20230813_161248.jpg
    20230813_161248.jpg
    976.6 KB · Views: 11

pabassman

Got fishing this weekend a mud cat yesterday not good for the lake. 3 channels today missed 1. 1 snail that really put up a good fight. View attachment 5622View attachment 5621
On a side note when someone used to wear protective glasses on I'd chuckle but today glad I had on my sunglasses. Was winding in a big tree branch and hook let go. Split hit my sunglasses or I would have been in some pain. Should wear something for the eyes.
I wear them night fishing. Driving down the lake for sure. Nothing like getting a beetle to the forehead at 30mph! lol

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
No pics but 2 midsize LM Bass. These 2 are my “recovery” fish though.

It’s the first time I’ve been fishing in a month as I’ve been recovering from a terrible spill on my mountain bike close to a month ago. I know, I know! I was suppose to wear a helmet. I’m not opposed to helmets, I always wore them when riding ATVs and Motorcycle and I swore one day I would pick one up for biking….you know, when it was convenient. Ugh!

Anyways, just enjoying a long downhill, not even pedaling on a rough asphalt paved bike path, I hit a bump that sent the front wheel to the right and under. It was quite innocent to be honest but at 18mph and with age and gravity in defiance of each other, it sent me flying head over heels. I managed to get back on and pedal about a mile and half to the road where I was picked up by an ambulance.

11 staples in my head, 4 stitches in my right knee, bruised ribs, bruised jaw, bruised knee, concussion and road rash on every limb, significant on my left shoulder and arm.

The first week was hell !! It took a couple minutes to just get out of bed as every move I made hurt! Everywhere!

The second week, wow, road rash ain’t no joke. I went through a big tube of neosporin and a half jar of vasoline to keep it at bay.

The third week I came around, I went back to work and had the staples and stitches removed. I even cut the grass and found out how quickly you get out of shape in just that amount of down time.

This week I feel good with just a little scabbing left in a few areas. I am “hoping” the large bald spot on my head grows hair back?? Fingers crossed.

It feels great to “be back” though. No, I will not buy a helmet as I am officially retired from outdoor cycling. Lol I’ll stick to the indoor exercise bike I bought a couple of years ago. ;)

Don

It’s the first time I’ve been fishing in a month as I’ve been recovering from a terrible spill on my mountain bike close to a month ago. I know, I know! I was suppose to wear a helmet. I’m not opposed to helmets, I always wore them when riding ATVs and Motorcycle and I swore one day I would pick one up for biking….you know, when it was convenient. Ugh!

Anyways, just enjoying a long downhill, not even pedaling on a rough asphalt paved bike path, I hit a bump that sent the front wheel to the right and under. It was quite innocent to be honest but at 18mph and with age and gravity in defiance of each other, it sent me flying head over heels. I managed to get back on and pedal about a mile and half to the road where I was picked up by an ambulance.

11 staples in my head, 4 stitches in my right knee, bruised ribs, bruised jaw, bruised knee, concussion and road rash on every limb, significant on my left shoulder and arm.

The first week was hell !! It took a couple minutes to just get out of bed as every move I made hurt! Everywhere!

The second week, wow, road rash ain’t no joke. I went through a big tube of neosporin and a half jar of vasoline to keep it at bay.

The third week I came around, I went back to work and had the staples and stitches removed. I even cut the grass and found out how quickly you get out of shape in just that amount of down time.

This week I feel good with just a little scabbing left in a few areas. I am “hoping” the large bald spot on my head grows hair back?? Fingers crossed.

It feels great to “be back” though. No, I will not buy a helmet as I am officially retired from outdoor cycling. Lol I’ll stick to the indoor exercise bike I bought a couple of years ago. ;)
Each one of the above healing periods would have been half as long had you let us know so we could keep u in our prayers. The bald spot is you lifelong souvenir.
Today I had major dental surgery. 11 stud implants installed and talking is not possible. So I ask that all the prayers you may have made on TS’s behalf, had u all known he needed them, that you heap them onto dear old me. Tomorrow they mount the teeth. All 22 at once. Miracle and painful. No bikes in my future either.

Solitario Lupo

Sounds like you learned a lesson. Other than that hope everything going good for ya glad to see you got some fishing in.

Status
Not open for further replies.