Boat partner

Flyman

I have a 15' Lowe Roughneck with a 40 horsepower Yamaha jet. I'm an older guy and walk with a cane. I need help getting the boat back on the trailer. I have no issues launching, or fishing but it's hard to park the boat on the ramp, go get the car and then get the boat centered onto the trailer. I'll fish until it gets below 50 degrees. I'm retired but prefer to fish Wednesday & Friday. I only fish the Susquehanna.

Attachments

• Smallmouth14.jpg
    Smallmouth14.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

HenryDavid

I have a 15' Lowe Roughneck with a 40 horsepower Yamaha jet. I'm an older guy and walk with a cane. I need help getting the boat back on the trailer. I have no iissues launching, or fishing but it's hard to park the boat on the ramp, go get the car and then get the boat centered onto the trailer. I'll fish until it gets below 50 degrees. I'm retired but prefer to fish Wednesday & Friday. I only fish the Susquehanna.
Welcome Flyman. Would help to know which section of the Susquehanna you're on. As your probably know the river is quite low currently. I'd be glad to help if I'm local to your location.

Flyman

I have a 15' Lowe Roughneck with a 40 horsepower Yamaha jet. I'm an older guy and walk with a cane. I need help getting the boat back on the trailer. I have no iissues launching, or fishing but it's hard to park the boat on the ramp, go get the car and then get the boat centered onto the trailer. I'll fish until it gets below 50 degrees. I'm retired but prefer to fish Wednesday & Friday. I only fish the Susquehanna.
Good point. I normally prefer to put in at the Columbia launch. I live on the York side but the Wrightsville ramp is surrounded by large grass beds. That causes big problems with the jet sucking grass into the intake. I have another property in Wayne County (I love wild trout on dry flies) and saw how low the river was when I went over it in Harrisburg. I checked the Marietta USGS gage yesterday and if I remember correctly the river at the gage was only 9800 cfs. I prefer at least 20,000 cfs at Marietta to get good flows and deeper water for the bass to feel safer in and to feed better. Sometimes I used to put in at the launch ramp on 441. I called it the Marietta ramp. There is a big pavilon there and the parking is a long walk from the ramp. Before I went lame I'd take the boat up to Liverpool and a few other accesses above Harrisburg.

Attachments

• Bass Boat 2014-10-08 001.JPG
    Bass Boat 2014-10-08 001.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 6
  • Caddis  Brown.jpg
    Caddis Brown.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

HenryDavid

Good point. I normally prefer to put in at the Columbia launch. I live on the York side but the Wrightsville ramp is surrounded by large grass beds. That causes big problems with the jet sucking grass into the intake. I have another property in Wayne County (I love wild trout on dry flies) and saw how low the river was when I went over it in Harrisburg. I checked the Marietta USGS gage yesterday and if I remember correctly the river at the gage was only 9800 cfs. I prefer at least 20,000 cfs at Marietta to get good flows and deeper water for the bass to feel safer in and to feed better. Sometimes I used to put in at the launch ramp on 441. I called it the Marietta ramp. There is a big pavilon there and the parking is a long walk from the ramp. Before I went lame I'd take the boat up to Liverpool and a few other accesses above Harrisburg.
I'm way up on the North Branch, closer to Tunkhannock. River is ideal for me right now for wading. I also fly fish, trout in the spring and smallmouth all summer into fall. October caddis are out now on some streams.

Melvinp

I have a 15' Lowe Roughneck with a 40 horsepower Yamaha jet. I'm an older guy and walk with a cane. I need help getting the boat back on the trailer. I have no issues launching, or fishing but it's hard to park the boat on the ramp, go get the car and then get the boat centered onto the trailer. I'll fish until it gets below 50 degrees. I'm retired but prefer to fish Wednesday & Friday. I only fish the Susquehanna.
A how do you do from Wyoming county

Flyman

I wanted to mention I don't have a bow mounted trolling motor. I had one but when I used to fly fish from the bow deck the fly line was constantly getting hung up on the trolling motor. I took it off and sold it. I do have a transom mount 50# electric motor I use on the Roughneck and on my drift boat.

Reactions: Don

Melvinp

If you have a place in Wayne County you might want to check out upper woods pond no gas motors but you can run your boat on electric with no problems

MB3

I like Prompton. I haven't caught anything big yet but multi species and plenty of panfish. Nice looking lake too but the boat ramp kind of sucks. There's a big dip under water when you back in so go slow.

Reactions: Don

Don

I like Prompton. I haven't caught anything big yet but multi species and plenty of panfish. Nice looking lake too but the boat ramp kind of sucks. There's a big dip under water when you back in so go slow.
Why, is the lake low?