Explain Fast action.

Don

For those of you that fish multiple weights and styles of Baitcasters do you prefer every rod have the same seat and handle or does that never come up in the search? Do you prefer same model and seat and guides where only the rod power is different?

HenryDavid

I do know that my old rods marked "fast" cast poorly, unless the bait is very heavy, as the rod and the tip simply doesn't load evenly. Other rods I have are marked Medium or light and they flex down the whole rod sort of similar to what Mr Omnia shows with his talk on chatter bait rods. We all know that to windup and toss real hard is like begging for a tangle whereas a nice lobb and gentle action gives a safer result. I'm trying to give my grandson a safer result.

HD, of all the fly rods I have my favorite for trout, bass and Gills is a lat 60's fiberglass rod marked 5wt. It actually acts like a 3wt and cast lite line and flies a nice comfortable distance.
I've never seen you post any photos from your fly fishing

Don

I've never seen you post any photos from your fly fishing
Haven’t used it in three years. I feel guilty. The boat is so small and two years ago I stopped using ( or stopped trying to use) both spinning and fly reels. May 2021. Well now that I’ve Announced retirement, and I’ll be done in sept/oct, you could meet me in Gouldsboro.

HenryDavid

Haven’t used it in three years. I feel guilty. The boat is so small and two years ago I stopped using ( or stopped trying to use) both spinning and fly reels. May 2021. Well now that I’ve Announced retirement, and I’ll be done in sept/oct, you could meet me in Gouldsboro.
What's in Gouldsboro?