What did you Catch Today?

Don

First night trip of the season is in the books. Pretty decent night. Temps stayed comfortable but the wind was tough. Ended with four walleyes, lost one, two bass and a 10" striper. That the smallest one I've ever caught. Best eye was 6.1#. Didnt take a pic, wanted to fet it back asap. The others were in the 20-23" range

View attachment 6145View attachment 6146View attachment 6147
what depth? I just ordered four packs of Kieteck Shiners in White.

Don

I used to drive up through there visiting 84 agway and Mars Agway. But that lake looks like a good Pike lake.

Don, are you referring to Cannonsburg? If so there are not many pike there. I have seen a couple giants below dam but not many.

Reactions: Don

Solitario Lupo

There are no pike in canonsburg. I’ve heard that one time back in the days maybe caught below dam but I think they were Muskie at the time they tried to stock them.

Don

Don

I'm gonna catch a pike someday, you wait and see. Twice I've gotten one to the boat, one actually into the net. Never boarded one.

There are no pike in canonsburg. I’ve heard that one time back in the days maybe caught below dam but I think they were Muskie at the time they tried to stock them.
Back in the 80’s they stocked tiger muskies. Below the dam I personally saw a northern that was close to 30”. It was in the pool below dam. This was probably in late 80’s early 90’s. ( when I was young!!!)

Don

You'd have been a wealthy well fed Man. I've learned to fillet Pickerel and they are very tasty. But I only get one or two per year that are sizable enough to do. I'm hoping I can get into Northerns at Spruce Run this year but so far nothing.

pabassman

Fun night on the water. Got three walleyes in the first hour. Sat in the area for another hour with nothing. Started running my regular spots but no more walleyes. Found an area with some bait up and stripers working them. Ended up with eight stripers but mostly 17-21" hybrids. One small prue.