What did you Buy Today?

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I bought some War Eagle spinbaits last month and I was impressed with their quality and performance so I ordered a few more of them and some Booyah as well the other day.

I am looking forward to getting back to my roots of spinning….even though it’s not a spinning rod or inline spinner but it’s just a style I’ve enjoyed for many many years and miss.

Don

I see them at Gouldsboro being tossed during tournaments. I use the tinier version , beetlespins, all summer, with 2,3,and 4” Kietecks shiners. Put willow blade onto a couple and it doesn’t seem better or worse.

Melvinp

I bought some War Eagle spinbaits last month and I was impressed with their quality and performance so I ordered a few more of them and some Booyah as well the other day.

I am looking forward to getting back to my roots of spinning….even though it’s not a spinning rod or inline spinner but it’s just a style I’ve enjoyed for many many years and miss.
You might better get the wire out and make your own now lol

Melvinp

I see them at Gouldsboro being tossed during tournaments. I use the tinier version , beetlespins, all summer, with 2,3,and 4” Kietecks shiners. Put willow blade onto a couple and it doesn’t seem better or worse.
Blades per retrieval rate Colorado slow,Indian little faster,willow faster yet I should say that it not necessarily the retrieval rate but what rate the blade spins to a consistent rotation

Reactions: Don

A-5

Fish eagle stuff is great my salmon rod is also a FE and it’s stood the test of time owes me nothing

Melvinp

I am entertaining that. I need to use them a season and find what I like. I did some test casts with the Booyah Pond Magic in 3/16 ounce on my lighter bait caster, I am in heaven!
I quickly realized it’s not worth trying to bend the standard spinner bait forms my self but getting crazy and making your own stuff is always aloud

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Blades per retrieval rate Colorado slow,Indian little faster,willow faster yet I should say that it not necessarily the retrieval rate but what rate the blade spins to a consistent rotation

Yep, I have been learning that. It will be interesting to see how the Bass respond one trip over the next in both blade size and speed.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Double willows and keep them moving from mid Oct til the water gets below 45 Single BIG Colorado all summer at night, slow n steady!
Good advice. Thank you. What would be your goto at this point of the year? With water temps currently around 49 and a soft bite, I’m thinking slow with colorado.

My thoughts are change over to willow or double willow once the bass get shallow and pretty much ride that through fall.

Reactions: A-5

pabassman

Good advice. Thank you. What would be your goto at this point of the year? With water temps currently around 49 and a soft bite, I’m thinking slow with colorado.

My thoughts are change over to willow or double willow once the bass get shallow and pretty much ride that through fall.
I dont throw a spinnerbait often until about 55*. Always jerkbaits and in recent years added swimbaits when its cold. Last several years I dont really fish for bass til almost July. Panfish now, walleyes n stripers soon.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I dont throw a spinnerbait often until about 55*. Always jerkbaits and in recent years added swimbaits when its cold. Last several years I dont really fish for bass til almost July. Panfish now, walleyes n stripers soon.
I do like swimbaits, they have been my early season goto since I started bass fishing as it was something I could relate to due to early spring striper fishing on the bay. They ended up working for me and I have stuck with them since.