What did you Catch Today?

Solitario Lupo

Floro is good but as leader it’s not any tougher than Mono, at least not for strength or visibility in murky water. I was using 30 lb braid as leader and it seemed any little Pickerel would cut it. Frustrating when I could barely cut it cleanly.
I would have to disagree with floro not being tougher then mono. But than again I've really never used it. Just from what I read from other pros who musky fish swear more on those floro leaders. So all I can do is try and go from there.

Don

I would have to disagree with floro not being tougher then mono. But than again I've really never used it. Just from what I read from other pros who musky fish swear more on those floro leaders. So all I can do is try and go from there.
Interesting, It will be nice to see the outcome. What I had read or heard, I believe on SaltLife.com, said something like Floro sheared more cleanly while mono was softer and more pliable. I guess there could be so many other factors like line thickness and temperature but then you're fishing for Monster Slicers and I am fishing for fingernail clippers. Keep us posted.

Solitario Lupo

From what I've read mono is more visible as it refract light and floro let's light threw as it isn't as visible. From what a lot complains are is tying knots on floro as for strength they are the same. Like you said but the thing is running a leader is that it can be a thicker line than running mono or your main line.
The ones who said it shears more quickly I woder what they are doing as like you said again so many factors.

Don

From what I've read mono is more visible as it refract light and floro let's light threw as it isn't as visible. From what a lot complains are is tying knots on floro as for strength they are the same. Like you said but the thing is running a leader is that it can be a thicker line than running mono or your main line.
The ones who said it shears more quickly I woder what they are doing as like you said again so many factors.
All that said, floro is denser, and it sinks better. So there is that!

How will you buy the leader...will you buy actual leader or will you simply buy line?