What did you Catch Today?

MB3

It has taken me 19 years to catch one of these. Then got a 2nd one on the very next cast (pictured). We don't fish waters with them in it much but its been on my list. This was the Lackawaxen and unexpected.

1st was on a 1/32 orange spinner, this one was a chartreuse 2" paddle tail. Over all caught a bunch of Smallies one decent about 15" and some panfish. Took a dive on slime which put a damper on the day but nothing hurt but my pride lol Well worth it to catch and release them today. I haven't had a new species in years as my fishing time has dropped off. Felt like a long over due reward.

Attachments

• 20240615_063956.jpg
    20240615_063956.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Melvinp

No pics again nothing real special few pretty brownies and some bows and a few punks trolling spin rigs Wayne County nothing but a fish tail

Don

I live near the Delaware. Neighbors, old timers, told me that in rivers walleye are schooling fish. Many yrs ago, when there were still loads of walleye in the river, they would attach a bouy to the first one they’d catch. Then it would rejoin the school. Then they would catch many more by fishing around the buoy. I don’t know if this is true but I heard it live here in Easton. Congrats on that new First.

HenryDavid

It has taken me 19 years to catch one of these. Then got a 2nd one on the very next cast (pictured). We don't fish waters with them in it much but its been on my list. This was the Lackawaxen and unexpected.

1st was on a 1/32 orange spinner, this one was a chartreuse 2" paddle tail. Over all caught a bunch of Smallies one decent about 15" and some panfish. Took a dive on slime which put a damper on the day but nothing hurt but my pride lol Well worth it to catch and release them today. I haven't had a new species in years as my fishing time has dropped off. Felt like a long over due reward.
I've also taken an unexpected dip in the Lackawaxen. Where you anywhere near Towpath Rd. ?

Reactions: MB3

MB3

I've also taken an unexpected dip in the Lackawaxen. Where you anywhere near Towpath Rd. ?
We dont really know the area but it was near Lock 31. Came across it by accident. I've seen Shad in there, caught a Golden Rainbow, other trout species, plenty of Smallies and now Walleye. Minus the slimey bottom, I like going there. It's definitely active.

WADMAN

I’ve created a monster! If he isn’t on the football or lacrosse fields my boy is on the water rippin lips! Father’s Day weekend trip below Conowingo Dam was full of hard fighting smallies and stripers.

Attachments

• 5993478F-3FB3-46D5-B620-A472C0948CE6.jpeg
    5993478F-3FB3-46D5-B620-A472C0948CE6.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 7

Don

Sounds like someone that needs to give up football. Add Saltwater lips. That trip sounds like it was a blast. I miss your comments on here.

truecrimson

I’ve created a monster! If he isn’t on the football or lacrosse fields my boy is on the water rippin lips! Father’s Day weekend trip below Conowingo Dam was full of hard fighting smallies and stripers.
Good to see you posting again

WADMAN

Been a long while. Missed this place. Don’t know what really happened. Lots of goings on the past year. Lost my sister suddenly, my Irish Twin if y’all know what that is. Heart attack at 47. At the docs office half hour earlier and they told her she just had a chest cold. New job. Less work, some travel and bankers hours, kept me out of the woods this past hunting season aside from 2 days of bear and last day of fun. Running with kids to sporting events. D-1 collegiate athlete wife and I follow up and down east coast. 2 younger ones in year round club sports. Now raising a maniac on the turf who puts as much enthusiasm into his fishing as he does his defense on the field. His desire is what reminded me I was missing out on sharing on this site. Glad to see several of the same names as before. Been catching up over this past couple days. Great reading, thanks for all the posts!

MB3

20240619_065111.jpg
20240619_084118.jpg
20240619_090357.jpg
20240619_063616.jpg
Epic day on Shohola. Paddle tails destroyed everything. Crappie were 12-14", Perch were up to 12", Pickerel up to 24", Bass were small except one decent one, Bluegill and only my 2nd ever Catfish on a lure. It was a chunky 14". Easy 50-60+ fish day with lots of quality mixed in. Just needed that 6lb Largemouth but the heat chased me in. Holiday well spent!!