What did you Catch Today?

Melvinp

Ok may 2 days in the boat.Day one I felt sorry for some old coot and took Don out to a lake in Wayne County and caught a few trout,smallies and pumpkins nothing really special but some nice sized pumpkins.Day 2 hit a local lake in Wyoming County and managed to get a decent amount of smallmouth.Both days trolling a variety of rigs pink and purple worm trailer for trout any multi bladed silver tipped with a minnow for smallmouth.

Don

Next I’ll show you how to hang shower curtains with a downrigger kit.

Attachments

• IMG_9616.jpeg
    IMG_9616.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9614.jpeg
    IMG_9614.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 4

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
No pics other than this one

IMG_2898.jpeg

But I went back to the skook today at first light to try out some whopper ploppers and swim baits. This guy cooperated for the swim bait and I generated 3 other bites, one I dropped I know was a nicer fish, not real nice but nicer than the one pictured. Nothing on the plopper.

In my pursuit to make the perfect “skook box” and to eliminate what doesn’t work, I was looking for something else to throw and found some of my spinners. I don’t like throwing them from my boat because of line twists but I thought you know what, I have this new bfs reel that handles light stuff and I know I won’t get line twist, why not try it. 15 fish later, yeah, I guess I am going back to the making spinners hobby. ;)

As expected, skiers were already on the water at 8:30 and that was my cue to get out of there but feeling very satisfied with the morning. I can’t wait til it gets some better flows again and get that spinner back out. Should be fun!

Last edited:

Don

No pics other than this one

View attachment 6297

But I went back to the skook today at first light to try out some whopper ploppers and swim baits. This guy cooperated for the swim bait and I generated 3 other bites, one I dropped I know was a nicer fish, not real nice but nicer than the one pictured. Nothing on the plopper.

In my pursuit to make the perfect “skook box” and to eliminate what doesn’t work, I was looking for something else to throw and found some of my spinners. I don’t like throwing them from my boat because of line twists but I thought you know what, I have this new bfs reel that handles light stuff and I know I won’t get line twist, why not try it. 15 fish later, yeah, I guess I am going back to the making spinners hobby. ;)

As expected, skiers were already on the water at 8:30 and that was my cue to get out of there but feeling very satisfied with the morning. I can’t wait til it gets some better flows again and get that spinner back out. Should be fun!
I hope you show us you creations.

WADMAN

Kids and I have been hammering the smallies on the Susky lately. Top water bite has been amazing. My youngest and I here local to York. Today the boy and I went up north by the nudie book store and cleaned up. On the water at 530 and great action till 1230. I landed 68 and he got a respectable 42. Some dandies, 15 over 18” and 7 of those were over 20”!

Attachments

• 51FB2CDB-1161-473E-B1A8-8149E754729E.jpeg
    51FB2CDB-1161-473E-B1A8-8149E754729E.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
  • 792D51D7-FB54-4C16-B063-9551BBDA5E74.jpeg
    792D51D7-FB54-4C16-B063-9551BBDA5E74.jpeg
    994.6 KB · Views: 5

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Kids and I have been hammering the smallies on the Susky lately. Top water bite has been amazing. My youngest and I here local to York. Today the boy and I went up north by the nudie book store and cleaned up. On the water at 530 and great action till 1230. I landed 68 and he got a respectable 42. Some dandies, 15 over 18” and 7 of those were over 20”!
That is awesome. Sooner or later I am going to have to make the trek to there. Schuylkill smallies are fun but generally small in comparison but I won’t lie, the susky is big in Lancaster which would be my closest launch. I think I would have to pick and choose my days with only a 20 horse.

HenryDavid

Sunday evening, Susquehanna North Branch, anticipating another insect hatch but nothing much around. Only managed a couple smaller fish. Then around 9pm I ventured downstream aways where I could get a fly out into the main current and like magic the bass were inhaling it. In about an hour and 15 minutes I managed to bring 10 healthy smallies to hand and 1 rock bass. A couple of the smallies at around the 16 inch mark. Then sometime after 10:30pm I decided to leave them be and shined the light out on the water and sure enough the Sulphurs and a few other insects were rolling right down the main current like a wagon train.

3.jpg
4.jpg

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
@HenryDavid glad to see you post. Our bite changed today for the worse compared to my last 4-5 trips and I said to my buddy, I am curious to see everyone’s else result today to see if it was similar. While not totally similar, it sounds unique which describes our day.

I started out small using my spinners as well as a Rebel Mid Craw. They produced many sunny bites and only a couple of smaller smallies. This was the result all morning long. After exhausting all of our area up and down the river, on the last 300 yard stretch back to the dock, I remembered to tie on a BooYah Spinbait. A few minutes later, a nice smallie.

IMG_2906.jpeg

The next couple of casts produced this guy…..

IMG_2909.jpeg

Was I using the wrong bait from the get-go? Did all of the boating and fishing activity from the 4th Holiday change the bite or worrisome, is it simply just that time and they’re done for a while?

I have no idea at this point, I am just hoping that just the holiday activities slowed them?

My new BFS setup however is downright stupid…..stupid good of course! Show me a dinner plate area of where you want me to land a spinner or especially a spin bait, yep, I’ll hit it! I have never experienced a level of confidence in casting as this showed me today .

Blackcat Outdoors

Sunday evening, Susquehanna North Branch, anticipating another insect hatch but nothing much around. Only managed a couple smaller fish. Then around 9pm I ventured downstream aways where I could get a fly out into the main current and like magic the bass were inhaling it. In about an hour and 15 minutes I managed to bring 10 healthy smallies to hand and 1 rock bass. A couple of the smallies at around the 16 inch mark. Then sometime after 10:30pm I decided to leave them be and shined the light out on the water and sure enough the Sulphurs and a few other insects were rolling right down the main current like a wagon train.

View attachment 6320
View attachment 6321
Beautiful coloration on that one.