What did you Catch Today?

Don

Without giving away spots (I’ve probably publicly mentioned it before here) to keep traffic down there, let me just simply state, there are several areas from Reading down to Bridgeport that have state boat ramps. Depths are shallow at spots but other spots get to 14’ or so.
nice.

Don

My largest is 19" at Shohola. I've pulled better Bass from Tobyhanna but I keep hearing they have monsters in there. They have nice Panfish, that's for sure.
As I was pulling my boat out of Gouldsboro last night at 8 o'clock the ranger pulled in. He said that Tobyhanna had much bigger Pickrell as well. I told him I'd try it but frankly I like the privacy at Gouldsboro. He went on to say that for now all the crowds are gone at Tobyhanna. I assured him that I was the last of the pickerel hunters and he laughed. It's funny I've got past my whole life but I've never caught one over 18 inches.

HenryDavid

As I was pulling my boat out of Gouldsboro last night at 8 o'clock the ranger pulled in. He said that Tobyhanna had much bigger Pickrell as well. I told him I'd try it but frankly I like the privacy at Gouldsboro. He went on to say that for now all the crowds are gone at Tobyhanna. I assured him that I was the last of the pickerel hunters and he laughed. It's funny I've got past my whole life but I've never caught one over 18 inches.
Why pull out at 8pm, that's when things are just getting started

Reactions: Don

Don

Why pull out at 8pm, that's when things are just getting started
Well, I know that, but I’m skeered of the dark and I simply can’t stay awake anymore. Once I have a larger boat I can bring some company along. Years ago at nockamixon we would stay out all night on our 25 foot sailboat. The kids went below and sat in the galley and I stayed up top and fished. By morning we were all sacked out some where.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
One little dink ;

I wanted to try out the new Berkley Spinbaits I recently purchased. I like them over the quality of the BooYah. In 3/16 ounce, a faster and more reliable startup and stays upright better. It also isn’t as affected by weeds as much as the BooYah. For the price difference, less than a buck, winner in my book and worth a try if you like the pond magic series of BooYah baits. The 1/4 ounce fishes just as nice.

The water was dead this morning, I fished more than half of my little local reservoir. This is literally the only bass I seen, not even a single ring in the water this morning. I figured the rain would shut them down but man, it really shut them down!

IMG_2918.jpeg

Melvinp

Sunday, the guy with the propeller on his back and a couple on the fly rod.
That’s because its pretty hard to catch a pickle over 18 in PA but it is possible keep chucking

Reactions: Don

Don

I caught a SheilaMonster. Two new personal bests: Length 25", Second: two keepers in one day, second fish 18". The Pickerel are much fatter in Shahola. Its because Michael and Sheila feed them. Pickerel #3 was 13 or 14". IMG_0120.jpgIMG_0118.jpegIMG_0119.jpeg

Last edited:

Don

Michael, this was straight across from the second ramp, way back in the stumps. I was lucky for two reason. 1) it was one of those Feeding frenzies one hears about but rarely sees. 2) summer flora was simply Zenith.....IMG_0109.jpgIMG_0106.jpg

Don

How did the big one fight in the warm water?
I was surprised how well he fought. Very heartily...the water was 2-3' deep and full of weeds. I only had 8lb line so I was gentle with him as he went side to side collecting milfoil and he slowed down little by little. They fight very differently than bass. Though I didn't weight him he was chunky....somewhere btwn 3.5 and 5 lbs. IDK. It was the funnest ever excepting Bluefish. I used a reel that was patented in 1954, a Johnson 100B 40th anniversary. The bait was the new 5" Zoom paddle tail. 8lb Seige, 6.5' medium power medium action. The whole setup was lovely. Drag peeled out and worked well.