What did you Catch Today?

Don

@HenryDavid glad to see you post. Our bite changed today for the worse compared to my last 4-5 trips and I said to my buddy, I am curious to see everyone’s else result today to see if it was similar. While not totally similar, it sounds unique which describes our day.

I started out small using my spinners as well as a Rebel Mid Craw. They produced many sunny bites and only a couple of smaller smallies. This was the result all morning long. After exhausting all of our area up and down the river, on the last 300 yard stretch back to the dock, I remembered to tie on a BooYah Spinbait. A few minutes later, a nice smallie.

View attachment 6322

The next couple of casts produced this guy…..

View attachment 6323

Was I using the wrong bait from the get-go? Did all of the boating and fishing activity from the 4th Holiday change the bite or worrisome, is it simply just that time and they’re done for a while?

I have no idea at this point, I am just hoping that just the holiday activities slowed them?

My new BFS setup however is downright stupid…..stupid good of course! Show me a dinner plate area of where you want me to land a spinner or especially a spin bait, yep, I’ll hit it! I have never experienced a level of confidence in casting as this showed me today .
What part of the SKook is this that there is room for this big of a boat?

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
What part of the SKook is this that there is room for this big of a boat?
Without giving away spots (I’ve probably publicly mentioned it before here) to keep traffic down there, let me just simply state, there are several areas from Reading down to Bridgeport that have state boat ramps. Depths are shallow at spots but other spots get to 14’ or so.

Blackcat Outdoors

I'm hoping to get out tomorrow. My beach fishing got canceled early due to a tragic hot tub accident. Strawberry margaritas may have been a contributing factor, but I unfortunately broke one of my toes and made walking interesting considering it was on the opposite leg of the one I normally limp on 🤨.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I'm hoping to get out tomorrow. My beach fishing got canceled early due to a tragic hot tub accident. Strawberry margaritas may have been a contributing factor, but I unfortunately broke one of my toes and made walking interesting considering it was on the opposite leg of the one I normally limp on 🤨.

Aww, sorry to hear to hear that. Sounds painful and fun at the same time! ;)

truecrimson

We should probably amputate. ;)

Aww, sorry to hear to hear that. Sounds painful and fun at the same time! ;)

Ever notice those two things often go together? :LOL: