What did you Catch Today?

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I finally figured out my little local reservoir today after they filled it to full pool this year and since repairing the dam. I am quite humbled though, they are exactly where they were last year and biting exactly what they did as well last year. I simply needed to cast further. LOL I thought for sure they would be off the shoreline about the same distance as prior years but there is me making fishing more complicated than it needs to be.

Nothing special in size but a handful of these guys and a few missed bites that I am blaming on the crush city craws I was using at the time. I never have an issue with rage but the material crush city uses is harder, I think I will be passing on them in the future.

IMG_2893.jpeg

HenryDavid

Crazy night Friday. Giant channel cat on a twister tail jig (no pic), very few insects out but fish rising anyway. Some form of giant bit through my 7lb tippet, caught about 8 decent bass on dry flies, lost several others. Switched to a little white popper after dark and took just 1 photo for the night. You can see the size 12 Solitude "Pearly Bream" popper in the 2nd pic. It's proven to be a great dry fly alternative that keeps on floating. Heard a bunch of coyotes going off, had a stare down with a deer that walked up behind me, lots of animal sounds on the walk out, crazy stuff.

20240628_215929.jpg
Solitude pearly bream popper size 12.jpg

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
The 3 amigos if you will took advantage of some fresh flow to the Schuylkill today and other than the wind, had a great day. Many smallies were willing to cooperate from 7am through 1pm and even a couple of largemouth. We had to weed through some small ones at times, even some sunnies but some nicer ones (for the skook that is) made their presence known.

IMG_4461.jpeg

IMG_0514.jpeg

IMG_2895.jpeg

The Curado BFS reel I bought a few weeks ago coupled with a 7’-0” medium fast rod is hands down my favorite setup. With 8lb floro, I can hit my mark almost every cast throwing just 3/32 ounce baits. Flip, skip under low hanging trees, long casts, it doesn’t matter, it’s just forgiving, even with today being super windy.

I hate the phrase “game changer” but if I had to use just one setup for the rest of my days, this is the one.

Don

Z, You Have a nice boat. he was snapping away until I grabbed his phone and donated it to the deep. He kept tangling my bait casters all up. He did well as usual with probably 8 trout dinks. I, on the other hand caught many huge Smallies and LMB. Also a world record Pumpkinseed.
No pictures so it may all be fish-tales.
Melvin did best with worm rig and also a hard plastic swimbait of some sort. My goal was to try every combination of jig, spinnerbait and beetle spin with Kieteck swimbait shiners. I thought I would really show him up.
Conclussion: they sure don't attract trout.They do seem to attract Smallies to some small degree. Lesson: plastic soft swimbaits are not for clear cold water, though they are killers in murky weedy water(Gouldsboro).
Sorry you couldn't make it.

Randy Z

To funny!!!!!!
Z, You Have a nice boat. he was snapping away until I grabbed his phone and donated it to the deep. He kept tangling my bait casters all up. He did well as usual with probably 8 trout dinks. I, on the other hand caught many huge Smallies and LMB. Also a world record Pumpkinseed.
No pictures so it may all be fish-tales.
Melvin did best with worm rig and also a hard plastic swimbait of some sort. My goal was to try every combination of jig, spinnerbait and beetle spin with Kieteck swimbait shiners. I thought I would really show him up.
Conclussion: they sure don't attract trout.They do seem to attract Smallies to some small degree. Lesson: plastic soft swimbaits are not for clear cold water, though they are killers in murky weedy water(Gouldsboro).
Sorry you couldn't make it.
Too Funny!!!!! He did the same thing to me up there!!!! I had to cut many yards off my rods to get them untangled from his!!!! Not sure what thats all about, other than not keeping the boat straight! LOL!!

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
Yeah Yeah, someone has to watch him. We had a great day. The Eagles were above us at all times it seemed. Wind was not so fun.
Wind and boat control were ridiculous yesterday! As soon as you found a decent speed and direction, it changed a minute later.

HenryDavid

Wind and boat control were ridiculous yesterday! As soon as you found a decent speed and direction, it changed a minute later.
I'm trying to count the number of times I was out when wind was NOT a factor. I think it's been too windy to fly fish 9 out of 10 times.

Reactions: Don

Melvinp

Crazy night Friday. Giant channel cat on a twister tail jig (no pic), very few insects out but fish rising anyway. Some form of giant bit through my 7lb tippet, caught about 8 decent bass on dry flies, lost several others. Switched to a little white popper after dark and took just 1 photo for the night. You can see the size 12 Solitude "Pearly Bream" popper in the 2nd pic. It's proven to be a great dry fly alternative that keeps on floating. Heard a bunch of coyotes going off, had a stare down with a deer that walked up behind me, lots of animal sounds on the walk out, crazy stuff.

View attachment 6285
View attachment 6286
Time for you to throw some big junk and see what happens(8wt and 12/15 tippet )stuff