What did you Catch Today?

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
I am loving my BFS setup too much. So accurate, so sensitive. Handling even the lightest of my larger rods feels like I am deep sea fishing now. LOL

I may sell some of my heavier setups and replace them with 2 more BFS setups. The Physyx spinning rod I bought this year has hardly seen water, I just rather use a casting setup.

Solitario Lupo

I am loving my BFS setup too much. So accurate, so sensitive. Handling even the lightest of my larger rods feels like I am deep sea fishing now. LOL

I may sell some of my heavier setups and replace them with 2 more BFS setups. The Physyx spinning rod I bought this year has hardly seen water, I just rather use a casting setup.
You can always use those heavier rods for bigger lures for them bigger fish.

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
You can always use those heavier rods for bigger lures for them bigger fish.
Of course. I guess I should have said medium rods. My heaviest rods are going nowhere but the Physyx spin setup I bought is in-between as well as my Dobyns 703. My Dobyns 702 and 704 are here to stay. They have specific purposes as well as my Zodias and salt rods but the 2 before mentioned I haven’t found a good place for them, might as well sell and get a couple of other BFS setups.

Don

When I stopped using spinning reels it seemed that the rod size and power mattered more. Now as I move from Spincast to Baitcast it matters even more. I also find it very exceedingly easy to overpower a combo so I over-reacted and went to light on a few. The reel can't cast that light of lures and the light rod can't toss heavier lures. Diversification is the key. Time to start making targeted purchases.

Melvinp

When I stopped using spinning reels it seemed that the rod size and power mattered more. Now as I move from Spincast to Baitcast it matters even more. I also find it very exceedingly easy to overpower a combo so I over-reacted and went to light on a few. The reel can't cast that light of lures and the light rod can't toss heavier lures. Diversification is the key. Time to start making targeted purchases.
First fishing mistake don’t ever quit on notten just carry more gear lol

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
A friend and I made a visit to another section of the Schuylkill in the Valley Forge area Yesterday evening. It was a little disappointing. According to mapping, we should have been able to go much further up and down from the launch but that was not the case for yesterday’s flows.

This section of the river fished just like any other section, find rock, find fish. We were rewarded with a handful of small smallies, not even picture worthy :( one elusive LM and a very rare perch. I don’t think I would go back but never say never right. As always, it is just nice to get out.

IMG_2991.jpeg
IMG_2994.jpeg

Don

A friend and I made a visit to another section of the Schuylkill in the Valley Forge area Yesterday evening. It was a little disappointing. According to mapping, we should have been able to go much further up and down from the launch but that was not the case for yesterday’s flows.

This section of the river fished just like any other section, find rock, find fish. We were rewarded with a handful of small smallies, not even picture worthy :( one elusive LM and a very rare perch. I don’t think I would go back but never say never right. As always, it is just nice to get out.

View attachment 6444
View attachment 6445
Nice Perch. Why have you laid off the Marsh this year?

Don

Too many people. Too many yacht sized boats, wake boats and waverunners. I haven’t stayed up to date but if no one perished this year, I would be surprised!

If boaters followed the rules in the no wake zones, I would probably still go but they don’t and there is never enforcement there.
There is a guy at spruce run the uses his 225 outboard bass boat. No enforcement. The Lake is 9.9.

WADMAN

Been running up to the Juniata past couple outings since Debbie left the Susquehanna running too high for our summer wading trips. Killing the smallies. If you fish any river system you have to try YUM Hellgramites on a jig head. Anything from dinks to 4+ pounders. Like a fat kid on cake! Sunday it was at least every other cast. My boy was tossing a Googan Squad Jr Scout in Sexy Shad getting nearly as many.
Even landed a few walleye on a white Zara Puppy. Just a slow crank across where we were seeing what seemed like small fish hitting insects. Turned out to be walleye taking things off surface. Little activity till sun was behind trees as water was gin clear this past weekend. Soon after the floating weeds got so bad tossing lures was nearly impossible. Watched the boy get ‘chased’ by a giant snapper out from shore and a family of raccoons crawling through the flooded shoreline weeds searching for food. All in all a great outing! They are getting few and far between with all the kids sporting events going on.

Don

Those Hellgrammites were a bust in all the lake I fish in. Glad to hear they work there. Beautiful river.