What did you Catch Today?

Gremcat

We’ve passed static Hybrid Musky over 3’ long in Lehigh all around Walnutport. Very scary looking.
I haven’t finished the canal there or the Lehigh below. I hear a lot of our trout creek jumbos are caught right below in the river but never found time to fish the wider Lehigh below Walnutport.

Gremcat

Might need to pay a musky guide from here at this point lol.

Logan saw some pics of Pulaski and wanted to head there but I told him not until he’s big enough to handle the current and the circus. More likely we’ll grab a few trolling trips next spring or something.

Don

I haven’t finished the canal there or the Lehigh below. I hear a lot of our trout creek jumbos are caught right below in the river but never found time to fish the wider Lehigh below Walnutport.
Tough river to access from shore. The canal is where some giant musky go in winter to get out of the current. If you go to the inlet where the river runs into it you will often se them there as well. But in Late winter they sometimes sit static in the Canal, like logs.

Solitario Lupo

Below Dam at Leaser or Beltzville? I haven’t seen musky below Beltzville in ‘Po. Saw what had to be a Striper once when I snagged it on a salmon egg hook and it rolled telling me the snag had fins.

Ended up finding out Kellners had a catfish derby for kids going Sat. Got a big goose egg somehow and only saw 3 landed with 5-6 more stringered. Went back today and couldn’t get one. The folks there said they stocked 300 lbs for the derby and only 50 lbs came in. I saw one decent tail all day today after church and we threw liver, crawlers, shrimp, big shiners, heck even semi soft hard dog food and shrimp with a healthy coat of krill oil, not a nibble and Kellner is a tiny pond. IDK what is up but no one catching. Will maybe visit one more time to see if they are just slow to bite then go back to hunting musky with Elaina.
I’m sure if they are stocked lakes both dams should have Muskie in them. From what I read is Beltzville should have them there. I would ask the people who fish their regular what comes in there. Can’t help ya out that much since I don’t fish up there. I just starting to know what Muskie like to hide in. If they are bottom feed dams then cooler waters and more oxygen is what a lot of fish like.

Reactions: Don

Solitario Lupo

Tough river to access from shore. The canal is where some giant musky go in winter to get out of the current. If you go to the inlet where the river runs into it you will often se them there as well. But in Late winter they sometimes sit static in the Canal, like logs.
If you see them then that’s when you really want to fish for them as theirs more around. Plus remember those spots cause one leaves another will take its spot.

Reactions: Don

HenryDavid

1 really nice perch and a soso callie today lol better than casting lures on river I blanked yesterday seasons are changing come on winter feed bags
Susquehanna? It should be prime right now. I'm heading up to the spot above Tunkhannock for 3-4 days camping starting Wednesday. The smallies better be biting !!

pabassman

Good night on the lake. Flyguy and I won a small tournamant on the Pack. Caught a lot of fish, best 5 for 16.7#. Shorter event we fished 10pm til 4am. A lot of people give up night fishing for bass after Labor Day but some of out best nights com in late Sept.

Screenshot 2024-09-14 5.57.07 AM.png

Blackcat Outdoors

Go kiddos out the last 45 mins of daylight. Elaina released hers and we had a few shake the hook before I had the brains to size the hook right. The bigger one ended up at 4.6lbs. Haven’t caught cats in almost a decade so I’m a little rusty.View attachment 6484View attachment 6485
Those ate perfect "eating" size though. Little spicy seasoning, eggs, flour.... delicious. 😃

troutspinner

Nuts & Bolts Guy
A friend of a friend invited us onto his boat yesterday to try for NY City Stripers. My new friend ;) did catch one 32” Striper, me, a nice large blue and the 3 of us landed several Sand Sharks. The method used yesterday was Dead-sticking eels on drifts, not something I do so it was neat to try something different and meet new people who are just as passionate about fishing as myself.

As a bonus, I caught some really neat photos.

Attachments

• IMG_3144.jpeg
    IMG_3144.jpeg
    415.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3136.jpeg
    IMG_3136.jpeg
    354.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3133.jpeg
    IMG_3133.jpeg
    294.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3142.jpeg
    IMG_3142.jpeg
    310.8 KB · Views: 4

Don

A friend of a friend invited us onto his boat yesterday to try for NY City Stripers. My new friend ;) did catch one 32” Striper, me, a nice large blue and the 3 of us landed several Sand Sharks. The method used yesterday was Dead-sticking eels on drifts, not something I do so it was neat to try something different and meet new people who are just as passionate about fishing as myself.

As a bonus, I caught some really neat photos.
I went zip'n through there in my CS24 with my wife a few times. Then down to Seawarren vis the Navasink. Its like cruising through boating history.